Friday 6 April 2018

"I CANNOT PRAY" IS PRAYER


 Sometimes we ask ourselves whether God is alive! Based on the circumstances we find ourselves. We cannot pray and our faith is challenged. I remember when I was looking for a job to no avail. I had prayed all manners of prayers but I couldn't still get a job. So I complained to a friend. Then he said, turn all your complaints and worries into prayers. Then I said, I cannot pray!  Can’t you understand? Then he said, tell God, you cannot pray that is prayer from a pure heart. Tell God exactly how you feel. Now what is prayer? Prayer is a heartfelt communication between you and your maker. Anything you feel, you pray it as it is. Put all the prayer methodologies aside and pray from a genuine heart. You don’t have to be great at praying. If you cannot pray, tell God so! The Holy Spirit always intercedes for us; He is our great helper in all things. Don’t try and force words out of your mouth when in fact you do not have anything to say. He hears all our words and even our thoughts and recognizes them when it is from a pure heart. After praying heartfelt prayers, God heard me! Yes He did! He gave me the most wonderful job ever in His own time.
“Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts, knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercessions for the saints according to the will of God”.
Romans 8:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment