Friday 20 July 2018

COME AS YOU ARE



If you don’t open up to your best friend, he/she will not know what the situation really is, to help you. I had a friend, whom we shared everything. It got to a time; I felt this friend was being judgmental so I started hiding some stuff from her. I then projected myself as if everything was alright. Truth be told, I was suffering inside. Anytime, she asked me whether I was okay, I hurriedly replied, yes. I then got tired of hiding information from her. One day, I broke down and told her the whole situation. She quickly said, why didn’t you tell me all this? I just couldn’t tell you, I replied. Okay, she continued I have the exact help you need. My friend helped me in a way that I could have never imagined. I felt so much happier and relieved. Best of all, my problem was solved and the relationship was even better. This is exactly, how God wants us to come to Him in Prayer. When you are truthful to Him, He hears you and comes to your aid and best of all your relationship with Him is strengthened. Let us not present ourselves superficially to Him. Let’s come as we are, so that He will give us the needed help and we get even closer to Him.
 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:24 (NIV).



No comments:

Post a Comment