Wednesday 27 June 2018

Waiting For God's Timing.


Jonas was a very industrious man; He worked very hard to cater for his family. Suddenly, things took a different turn and fending for his family had become so difficult. One day, Jonas called me and said; Adwoba, My landlady has increased the rent, things are so difficult that I cannot even pay the old rent. I told Jonas to take his rent issue to God. He smiled and I immediately knew he wasn’t going to do it. After two weeks, He came back again complaining, this time the landlady has decided to throw him out. He sobbed bitterly, where am I going with my family? I said it again; take your rent issue to God. This time, he wanted to hang on to the hope that God will take him through and I knew he was going to do it. After a month, He came back again and said the landlady hasn’t thrown me out yet but she is giving me pressure to pay the rent. I said again; let go and let God take the pressure. He will help you through it. He took his mind off the rent amidst pressures from the landlady and surprisingly he wasn’t thrown out.  After six months of living in a house without paying rent, God showed up. He had a job and it came with accommodation.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. (2 Corinthians 4:17-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment