Thursday 17 May 2018

VICTORIA'S SECRET


John was wrongly accused of embezzling some funds in the Insurance Company where he worked. He has worked there all his adult years and rose to the position of an Assistant Manager. His wife, Victoria was a stay at home mom with five kids when John was laid off. For John being   employed again was unsuccessful owing to the bad record. Surprisingly, Victoria couldn’t find a job too. They sold almost all their properties to make ends meet. For three years, they depended on friends and family for their upkeep. Their friends and family were also getting tired of supporting them. The lovely home Victoria and her husband shared has turned into something else with constant fighting and nagging. I met Victoria through a friend and immediately our friendship begun. I told her about making God her “All dependency”. I said to her one afternoon that the secret to receiving miracles from God is to abide in Him. Gradually Victoria shifted her focus from friends and family that could help her out of her situation and focused on God entirely. It wasn’t easy, I told her abiding in God is frustrating but God is there with you. Out of the blue there would be donations and gifts to her that she knew nothing about. After a while, she called me one evening to tell me how her husband has been reinstated back into the job and has even been compensated for being wrongfully accused. I cried that day, I was so happy. Victoria’s secret to her miracle was to abide in the Lord.
“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?” Jeremiah 32:27

No comments:

Post a Comment