Tuesday 8 May 2018

TURN ON THE LIGHT


As I walked home from church last night, I found someone sobbing in the dark. Who could be sobbing at this time of the night? I was afraid but I wanted to find out why she was crying. So I drew near her with caution. I got close and I realized that it was a woman in her late 30’s. Why are you crying I asked? She did not answer. I repeated the question again and she told me how her husband had thrown her out that night. Since she was a stay at home mom she doesn’t know what to do or where to go. I asked about her children. Then she told me her kids were with a friend nearby. I stayed in a huge apartment and had one room vacant. So I told her I will give her and her two kids a place to stay. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. I held her hand, comforted her and we went for her two kids. We took her luggage and left to my house. That was the story of how I completely took a whole stranger in. To cut a long story short, this stranger connected me to a dream job that I have always thought about. Sometimes, it pays to get out of your comfort zone and help someone. It will create an inconvenience for you but it will go a long way to help you.
1 John 4:20 “Whoever claims to love God, yet hates a brother or a sister is a liar, For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen”.

No comments:

Post a Comment