Monday 28 May 2018

L'EAU DE PARFUM ; THE FAVOUR OF GOD


I was in the kitchen, cooking my favourite meal when the home phone rung. I grabbed the napkin close by the sink and cleaned my hand. I then picked up the phone. Hello, I answered, the voice on the other end said;  is this Mrs. Johnson? I replied in the affirmative. Ok Mrs. Johnson, she continued, we are calling you in connection with a job you applied two years ago. Are you still interested? I said yes. Could you please come for an interview tomorrow? I said ok. What time? 8. 00 a.m. she concluded. When I hanged up, my heart sank. I haven’t worked in two years. I prayed so much for this job, which I even gave up. Why didn’t they call me earlier, this is a wrong time to call me for a job. I am 5 months pregnant! I stopped cooking, picked some books and started preparing for the interview anyway. Afterwards, I went into my closet and found a dress that could hide my bump; I matched it with a pretty coat. I was really showing and I realized no dress was hiding my bump. Ok, I said, when I go to the interview, if she realizes I am pregnant that’s ok. Who could hide a 5 months pregnancy anyway? I went to the office premises very early and waited for the interview to start. I was eventually called and my interview begun. During the interview, the interviewer started looking at my bump, I felt so uncomfortable. When my interview ended, I knew I wasn’t getting the job, obviously, she has found out that I was pregnant. Two weeks after, I had a call whilst shopping at my favourite grocery shop that I had the job. I was confused: why did I get the job? Didn’t they see that I was pregnant? I started having mixed feelings. It didn’t feel so good. So I set out the next day to work, my first day. I got there very early again and waited for an orientation. A lady walked to me and said we are sorry, there is a training programme and we will like you to take part. That was how I was thrown into the job. Officially, I had started work. I worked for about two weeks, when the director asked me if I was pregnant. She said she never knew I was pregnant. I was so shocked. The God that we serve is so great. If he wants to do something for you, He will do it no matter the circumstances. Sometimes our inner self is our stumbling block or our greatest obstacle. Based on our experiences and the conditions that we are in, we feel the answer to our prayer should go this way or that way. God is sovereign!  1 Corinthians 2:11 says “ for who knows a person’s thought except their own spirit within them, in the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the spirit of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment