Thursday 29 March 2018

FAITH ON TRIAL


In the early hours of Good Friday in 2011, I woke up with the most confused look ever. I was in labour with my second child and I didn’t see it coming. The mucous plug had come out but there were no contractions. So I rushed to the hospital, when I got there, the hospital was very quiet and I wondered. Then I realized that the workers were on break for the Easter. I even forgot it was Easter! How could I? I have been nesting LOL. The Doctor on duty examined me and said oh I cannot feel your baby. Then I gasped! Really! I don’t believe it! Do you feel the baby he asked? Yes, I replied faintly. I was losing hope then I pulled myself together and said  to myself, my baby cannot die like that, it just cannot happen. I quietly said a heartfelt prayer to God and immediately my faith grew and my strength was renewed. Then the Doctor came with all his gadgets and performed an examination on me and said Oh! The baby is alive! I quickly smiled and said I was never going to fall for that. I really had FAITH!  Some hours later, there were still no contractions, I was just worn out. So they had to induce labour and the pain was very excruciating. After going through all that and with God by my side I pushed out the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen, a precious gift from God. God blessed me with the perfect gift ever, I was so overwhelmed. My sufferings turned out to be a blessing and most importantly my faith in God heightened and I believed Him without any reasonable doubt. Hebrews 11:6 sums it all up by saying “And without Faith, it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that he exists and that He reward those who earnestly seek Him".

No comments:

Post a Comment