Saturday 24 March 2018

SEE SAW, UP AND DOWN


I remember my childhood years when I used to play this game; it was one game I really enjoyed. When one side goes up the other side goes down. I am going to relate this game to having Christ in your life. When Christ  in your life goes up, things of the flesh goes down so that you are transformed by the renewal of your mind so that you don’t conform to this world  and you may prove what the will of God is, that which is acceptable and perfect (Romans 12:2)
Furthermore, when we are strengthened in Christ the goal is to make Him our only consolation. We pass through many “trials” or I would like to call it “strengtheners”. In 2 Corinthians 4; 16-17 Paul said “therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, this is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory”.
When you are going through such trials or strengtheners, I urge you to press on; you are closer to Christ than you think. When Christ becomes your All in All, your faith in God grows and you call things of the flesh vanity. As Paul said in Philippians 4:7-10 “But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death. If by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead”.


No comments:

Post a Comment