Monday 6 August 2018

IT CAME IN A PACKAGE


I had made earlier arrangements for a taxi driver to pick me to work since there was no bus service where I lived. On that fateful day, I called the taxi driver telling him to pick me up. He answered by saying that he couldn’t make it. What a disappointment? I didn’t know what to do; the time was too short for me to make another arrangement so I decided to walk out of the house hoping I may find an empty taxi. As I was about to cross the road, I saw a taxi far off. So I waited for it to draw near. As it drew near, I realized that the taxi was empty, and then I stopped the car. I politely asked the driver whether it could take me to where I was going, he replied in the affirmative. As I sat down in the car, I asked the driver whether he normally came this way. He said; no madam, I just took this turn not knowing why. I said quietly to myself, God thank you. So we engaged in a conversation and he told me about a two bedroom house he was looking for someone to rent. I have been looking for an apartment, I told him. Guess what, the house was so close to my place of work and the price was very low compared to other two bedroom houses. To crown it all, my taxi fares were also off. Sometimes, things that we think are disappointments are actually blessings in disguise.


No comments:

Post a Comment